Volunteer Development Manager (Charity Sector)
Permanent, Full time.
£33,000 - £35,000
The Volunteer Development Manager will lead the development and delivery of the trusts volunteer programme, playing a pivotal role in raising the profile of the charity by acting as an ambassador for the organisation.
The post holder will be responsible for all aspects of the volunteer programme, including developing and leading the Volunteer Strategy in line with wider organisational goals,management of the volunteering budget; as well as recruitment, induction, management, support and volunteer engagement & retention.
Working closely with all our internal departments and external volunteer networks, the Volunteer Development Manager will act as the first point of reference on volunteering process and policy across the organisation, delivering training and managing monthly KPI reporting.
The post holder will observe strictest confidence, live the Trusts values and effectively communicate with our employees, volunteers and suppliers.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and develop
- effective relationships with a wide range of people
- A collaborative and participative approach to inspire motivated team working
- A clear and creative communicator
- Fully IT literate using the MS Office package with a strong understanding of working with databases to interrogate, interpret and communicate data
- Knowledge of working to performance indicators, including monitoring and reporting on outcomes, analysing performance information and identifying corrective action
- Professional experience of working in a volunteer management capacity
- Significant proven experience of collaborative working
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of developing Volunteer Policies and Strategy
- Experience in working in a small team with demonstrable flexibility
- and adaptability to support team deliverables
If this role is of interest, please click apply today to receive a full job description and a call from our dedicated consultant.