Bruckshaw Associates are looking to recruit for a Vat Manger for our top 25 firm of Accountants. Our Client offers a flexible hybrid working & above market rate benefits.
Purpose of role
Reporting to the VAT Manager & Director, this role will provide a specialist and comprehensive VAT advisory service to all business clients, with the aim of minimising their VAT liabilities, resolving compliance issues and identifying tax planning opportunities.
The role is based in our Central Cheltenham office, however there will be occasional requirements to work in our Staverton office and to attend meetings at clients' premises.
- Provide advice and support on compliance and planning issues to clients from a wide variety of industry sectors, regularly maintaining contact and making visits as appropriate.
- Provide advice and support on compliance and planning issues to colleagues as required.
- Ensure knowledge is kept up to date with VAT legislation and procedures, HMRC publications, relevant Court and Tribunal decisions etc.
- Assist the Director and Manager to provide internal updates to Partners and staff, particularly where developments provide opportunities within the client base.
- Contribute articles for inclusion in Hazlewoods' tax-related and industry specific publications.
- Internal financial management including regular review of work-in-progress and billing within given timescales and according to the firm's procedures.
- Prepare and agree budgets for assignments with partners and clients, ensuring these are met within agreed time scales.
- To be aware of the wide range of Hazlewoods' services and to identify opportunities to market those services to clients.
- To be involved in marketing events and other presentations (both external and internal) when appropriate.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- ACA/ACCA or ATT/CTA/IIT qualified.
- Specialist VAT experience, both compliance and advisory.
- Related tax consultancy experience, and / or knowledge of Customs procedures, are desirable, but not essential.
- Client driven and commercially aware
- Strong IT skills
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Team player with an enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
We are happy to consider flexible hours for this position and currently offer hybrid working.