Monarch is seeking a Team Assistant Operations (f/m/d) to join our growing team.
Monarch is a well-funded security and information service provider based in Berlin, run by seasoned founders, intelligence experts and industry leaders. We are recruiting individuals looking to put their mark on the world and the information industry. We are supporting political and digital sovereignty for Europe and beyond. We cater to commercial and governmental clients and always operate on a legal basis, following a strict code of ethics and adhering to democratic values.
We help our clients to solve complex problems in the digital and information age.
For us, loyalty and transparency come first. We want to modernise the world of information service providers and clean up a business with dated processes and a questionable image. We are looking for team members who "run up escalators" and live with a sense of urgency to get things done. Our job descriptions are written in pencil. Once in your role, you adapt to the tasks at hand and steer your own career in one of the most interesting industries of our times. We like to set our targets high but believe in under-promising and over-delivering. And finally, we like well-rounded individuals. We work hard but we have families, do sports, pursue the arts, travel and whatever else allows us to decompress when necessary. We are a remote-first company and measure results and not time spent in the office.
- Working closely with our Chief Intelligence Officer (CInO) and the Monarch Mission teams
- Co-create and drive the company culture with the leadership team
- Organise travel and itineraries, including security details
- Ensure clear communication across the Mission teams using a variety of comms channels
- Organise and plan meetings - many of them virtual
- Handle routine contact with Monarch guests and clients
- Take minutes during meetings and ensure action points are followed up
- Prepare background research material for Mission staff
- Conduct routine Open Source enquires (training will be provided)
- Handle ad hoc requests
We would love for you to stick around long-term and progress in our company. This is a great way to see how a start-up is grown into a business and an opportunity to work alongside founders who have seen both sides of the table. You will not only grow your expertise in the industry but will have a rare opportunity to quickly grow your network.
- You demonstrate interest in politics, modernizing government and the information/ technology business
- You show a high level of motivation and commitment as well as independent thinking
- Confidentiality and trust are key value drivers of your day-to-day work
- You have some work experience in a similar position
- You have excellent communication skills in English - German and any additional languages are a big plus
- You know your way around common office applications
- You are a team player who enjoys goal-oriented work
- You welcome the opportunity to work in a remote environment with international colleagues
- You are interested not just in your immediate work, but also in understanding the content and background of your work
- You are an "experienced traveller" and can work "on the go"
- Ideally, you also have a security clearance, but alternatively you can get vetted in the first weeks of your work.
With us you will have:
- A chance to shape the future of the information age in Europe and grow a disruptor to a market leader
- A flat hierarchy, where you will have direct access to the founders and won't be tied up in politics
- A high degree of learning and ownership in an exotic, dynamic and exciting environment
- A competitive salary package including training budget, health budget, 28 vacation days per year (and up to 5 additional vacation days for each full year you have been with us) plus the opportunity to participate in our Employee Stock Option Program down the road
Our clients consider us a trusted partner in a turbulent world.
Does this sound like you? Then let's talk!