Do you have experience in working in care?
Do you volunteer with a local youth or community group, and would like to work with children?
Five Education is currently working with schools in the Hanham area of South Gloucestershire. There are several vacancies working in both mainstream and specialist schools. We are looking for Teaching Assistants to work closely with children, encouraging them to learn and challenge themselves.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience supporting students/ children with SEMH (social, emotional and mental health needs) and/ or SEN (special educational needs).
This role will start ASAP
Responsibilities and duties
- Supporting 1:1 in class
- Help the pupil/pupils move from one activity to the next, and around the school.
- Help the pupils to access the subject and possibly tailor the lesson of activity to the pupil level of ability.
- Make learning fun and enjoyable.
- Be a support to the pupil when they are struggling, and help them to calm down.
- Build a strong relationship with the pupils and teaching staff to ensure that the pupil/pupils are achieving their potential.
- At least 4 months experience of working with children or vulnerable adults.
- 2 years worth of refs, 1 has to be working with children or vulnerable adults (this could be paid or volunteer work)
- Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa)
- A relevant DBS/Police checks.
- Able to work between 08.30 and 15.30 and work 2+ days a week.
Five Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all of the staff we employ to share this commitment. Successful applicants will be required to undergo checks including reference checks, TRA checks and will need to have a DBS; there will also be a face to face interview. Five Education do not believe in using umbrella bodies, we use PAYE and how this isn't comparable with umbrella body pay and that there is no admin fee as with Umbrella bodies and Five Education pay employers national insurance on top of the salary. Please note pay rate is for illustration and does include holiday pay.
We welcome and encourage job applications from people of all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates as they are currently under-represented at this level.
If you are interested in this role please contact David at Five Education