This role is responsible for the preparation of statutory and regulatory returns for the UK insurance entities. This includes financial statements, Solvency II returns, US Trust returns and other regulatory returns.
- Manage the preparation of statutory and regulatory returns including Solvency II reporting, financial statements, US Trust returns, various other regulatory returns and ad hoc requests.
- Manage the preparation of data requests from various internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate the review process of statutory and regulatory returns prior to submission.
- Monitor ongoing compliance with internal and external regulatory capital requirements.
- Deal with any queries from internal and external auditors.
- Determine own work priorities and activities in line with agreed plans to ensure the achievement of the function's objectives.
- Manage the preparation of forecast capital positions for legal entities and Trust Funds.
- Monitor capital and liquidity positions of Trust Funds and coordinate transfer of monies to support capital and liquidity where necessary.
- Manage the preparation of detailed working papers to support the review of regulatory returns.
- Communicate results to line manager and provide visibility into details of underlying work, key assumptions and conclusions made.
- Perform detailed validation work and analytical review on the data collected and address or escalate any unexpected results or inconsistencies in data.
- Manage the review and update of methodology papers which support regulatory reporting.
- Identify system and process improvements and support the implementation of them.
- Manage resources, motivate, develop, and focus team members to ensure the required standards of performance and support the continuing personal and professional development of all team members.
Skills & experience
- Strong understanding of UK Companies Act, UK GAAP and IFRS. US GAAP would be desirable.
- Detailed understanding of insurance technical accounting and reporting.
- Advanced MS Excel, intermediate MS Word, PowerPoint.
- ACCA/ACA/CMA qualified accountant with +5 years post qualified experience in the insurance industry.