Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee Senior Risk Actuary London (Hybrid) Permanent The opportunity
QBE Europe is looking to recruit a Senior Risk Actuary to join a well-established and successful Actuarial Risk team based in London. You will need to be curious and tenacious in delivery to enable you to engage with stakeholders to identify insights for the business, whilst providing second line challenge to a range of business functions and representing Risk at relevant forums. In this role you will be responsible for using your technical expertise to deliver a variety of risk management initiatives, deep dives, and validation. Your new role
- Providing insights to the business: As part of each deliverable and each interaction with the business you will need to be curious in order to provide high-quality insights and challenge to enable better risk management and business decisions whilst being aware of the commercial implications of your recommendations for the business.
- Stakeholder engagement: In your role you will participate in business meetings throughout various functions and build strong relationships with these stakeholders to support the business in risk based decision making. These relationships will enable you to become a recognised Risk contact throughout QBE.
- Good communication skills will be required to make certain that deliverables are structured logically, and key messages are communicated clearly to ensure appropriate impact. This will also include presenting findings and recommendations to the business and being receptive to feedback.
- Being a technical expert and key deliverables: You will focus on the quantitative elements of risk management, including but not limited to Insurance, Capital, and Performance Risks. This could include:
- Delivery of risk management activities such as independent validation of the capital model under Solvency II, Stress and Scenario testing, and review of the Business Plan
- Representing Risk at relevant forums, providing appropriate and value-adding challenge.
- Collaborating with other members of the Risk team, working as one team, and demonstrating engagement across all assurance functions.
- Being an advocate and actively demonstrating good risk management discipline through role modelling appropriate risk behaviours.
- Training and people development: You will be part of an inclusive team and be an advocate in creating an environment which demonstrates QBE's DNA" and culture. This may include training junior individuals and/or sharing knowledge with the wider Risk function. Depending on your role, you may manage Risk Analysts, where you will provide clear instructions and assist in their learning and development.
Why QBE? At My Best
- Nearly or newly qualified actuary with the Institute & Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA) or equivalent, with at least 3 years of insurance experience
- Good engagement and relationship management with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Good presentation and communication skills
- Ability to operate at pace with strong organisational skills.
- Ability to analyse data to provide insights.
- Some understanding of the risk types of the internal economic capital model and related processes is desired but not essential.
- Familiarity with risk management processes and ERM is desired but not essential.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
At QBE, we want our people to feel rewarded and inspired to perform at their best, that's why we have created At My Best". It's our connection, our way of showing we have your back. We understand that one size doesn't fit all and that priorities can change depending on your life stage.
That is why our blend of wellbeing initiatives and benefits offer flexibility to suit what matters most to you. It's in the culture of our business, our QBE DNA, to support our people. Everything we do is underpinned by our QBE DNA - because we know it's not just what we do that matters, it's how we do it that makes the difference. In addition to this, we also offer flexible parental leave for both parents and have several employee network groups that support and empower our diverse workforce.
At QBE, we view our people as our most precious asset. We understand the importance of fostering a work environment that is responsive to the changing needs of today's workforce. QBE aims to build a workplace that is fair and inclusive because we want to attract and retain the best people to do the job, we have adopted flexible working across the company and welcome this conversation.
Some of the award's QBE are proud to have won, been a finalist for, and shortlisted for include. Employer of the Year 2022 Winner
- Insurance Insider British Claims Awards 2022 Winner
- InsurTech Award Insurance Times Claims Excellence Awards 2022 Winner -
Claims Product Solution of the Year Working Families Best Practice Awards 2021
Finalist for: Best COVID-19 Response Insurance Post British Insurance Awards 2022
Shortlisted for: Best Customer Care, Diversity &
Inclusion Initiative of the Year 2022, Specialist Insurer of the Year (for Construction), General Insurer of the Year
We are proud to have partnerships with organisations such as Stonewall and Working Families, and our commitment to the Women in Finance Charter, the UN Women's Empowerment Principles and Race at Work charter helps keep us accountable and transparent. Inclusion of Diversity
We are striving to create a workplace culture where all our people feel included, and we are committed to building a diverse workforce that is reflective of the communities we operate in.
We know that diversity of thought, background and experience enables better decision making, improves the quality of our delivery and helps us to meet the needs of our customers. About QBE
QBE helps businesses build resilience through risk management and insurance.
QBE European Operations is part of QBE Insurance Group, one of the world's leading international insurers and reinsurers and Standard & Poor's A+ rated. Listed on the Australian Securities Exchange,
QBE's gross written premium for the year ended 31 December 2021 was US$18.5 billion.
As a business insurance specialist, QBE European Operations offers a range of insurance products from the standard suite of property, casualty, and motor to the specialist financial lines, marine and energy. All are tailored to the individual needs of our small, medium, and large customer base.
To find out more about why you should work for QBE, visit our careers website . What next?
If you have a passion to contribute to QBE's vision of enabling a more resilient future for our customers and the community, we encourage you to APPLY NOW! Simply click the apply" button to submit your CV and other relevant documents, and a member of our friendly Talent Acquisition team will be in contact to discuss your interest further if you meet the requirements of the role.
Please make the Talent Acquisition aware should there be any reasonable adjustments that may need to be made for the interview and the remainder of the recruitment process.
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.