Position: Senior Fundraiser (Grants and Trusts) Location: London, UK
Type: Permanent, Full Time Hybrid: a minimum of 3 days to be worked from our South Kensington Office.
On the Edge is a London-based charity on a mission to emotionally reconnect people with nature through smart, entertaining, social-media-based storytelling. We are especially interested in reaching young people who do not engage with traditional nature content. By fostering a reconnection with the natural world, our stories aim to create advocates for its protection and restoration. On the Edge is also a science-based, grant-giving organisation that funds conservation projects around the world.
We are looking for an experienced and well-networked fundraising professional to contribute to On the Edge's growth by identifying and securing significant grants from a broad range of trusts, foundations and grant-making bodies.
You will ensure that fundraising is consistent with the charity's goals and ensure professional presentation of the charity to all funding sources adhering to best practice in fundraising.
- Develop and implement a fundraising strategy to maximise trust and grant giving income to meet or exceed annual income targets.
- Create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio, with funding streams including major donors, trusts, foundations and other grant making bodies.
- Maintain and develop existing relationships, whilst proactively identifying and approaching new funding partners in the UK, US and internationally.
- Research potential funding opportunities and prepares well-written structured persuasive cases for support and targeted funding applications.
- Works with the wider team to develop new projects to inform funding applications.
- Sets and achieves realistic time bound fundraising targets.
What we're looking for from you:
- Experience and successful track record of securing income from trusts, foundations and/or major donors.
- Experience of developing a fundraising strategy and income targets.
- Excellent writing skills with attention to detail and experience in preparing structured, engaging and successful grant applications.
- Financially literate with experience of navigating budgets specifically relating to projects.
- Excellent negotiating, influencing and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience in providing detailed concise project reports.
- Ability to meet and monitor deadlines and targets.
- Excellent team working skills. Self-motivated, proactive and organised.
Our benefits package:
- 28 days annual leave + Bank holidays
- Private health insurance (including optical and dental)
- Pension contributions at 15%
- Bicycle scheme
How to apply , send your CV, a cover letter by an email via the button below.