Following its launch in 2019, SPW has made strong progress in establishing state-of-the-art infrastructure, migrating customers to its new platform, and reshaping the business for growth. Our focus has now shifted towards building scale to become a top 3 financial planning business by 2025 whilst evolving our proposition and business model to disrupt the wealth management industry.
To achieve this ambition, the Board and CEO have established a new flagship transformation programme, "Project Ploutos", with the intent of establishing a new partnerships channel alongside SPW's current core business, one which leads the industry in the use of technology and advanced data analytics to deliver personalised, omnichannel client wealth and financial planning experiences. In 2022 this will focus on building a bionic workplace proposition in partnership with a leading professional services firm, designing and delivering the components that will support further corporate rollouts as well as retail propositions.
The new business will need to have the potential to onboard high volumes of clients per year and to tap into younger, digital-native demographics as well as provide excellent service to wealth clients, all whilst leveraging the USPs that only SPW and its relationship with Lloyds Banking Group and Schroders Investment Management can deliver.
What You'll Do
As a Senior Front-End (Web and Mobile) Software Engineer within our within our new partnership propositions and channels programme you will work within a value stream aligned agile cross-discipline engineering squad, working with other engineers, SDETs, scrum master and product owner to deliver customer driven outcomes. You'll work with lead engineers to build and enhance our mobile applications (iOS and Android) and web app.
You'll have worked on modern, scalable and resilient customer facing mobile applications, and will have a sound understanding of what "good" looks like in an engineering team.
We believe in an open and collaborative working environment, and we want you to draw upon your experience to establish this culture within engineering, whilst ensuring we don't skip over our regulatory obligations around process controls.
What we're looking for
- You have worked with solution architects and full-stack/API engineers to design and deliver resilient and low latency integration between web app and service layer.
- You are comfortable engaging and collaborating directly with UX designers using tools like Sketch, Figma and Storybook.
- You are familiar with distributed version control systems like Git, and can describe the branching strategies you have used on previous and current projects.
- You can give examples of what you consider to be good practices in software engineering, contributing to a shift to high performing engineering teams, and how you have tried to implement those practices in previous roles.
- You are happy working in an Agile delivery environment, interacting directly with other team members and stakeholders on a daily basis.
- You understand and have demonstrable experience working in a devOps culture, designing and building with automation, of quality control and deployment, plus monitoring and observability, front and centre.
- You understand that accountability for the quality of your deliverables ultimately resides with you, and you have a proven approach for owning this.
- You are collaborative in your approach, working across squads (using a guild model) to ensure consensus based best practice in front-end engineering is agreed and socialised/governed cross-squad.
- Humble: you acknowledge your strengths, and also your weaknesses; you work for more than your own personal glory.
- Curious: you follow the latest technology developments, and explore ways they can be adopted.
- Creative: you think beyond the obvious.
- Thorough: you consider the full-picture, and understand that details can matter
- Calm: you're positive under pressure and happy to take the lead in challenging times.
You belong here
At Schroders Personal Wealth, we welcome all. All colours, cultures, genders, beliefs, religions, ages, people.
We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us meet our ambitions.
We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Schroders Personal Wealth is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact and reach their potential.
Work in a way that works for you
When it comes to flexible working, we'll do our best to accommodate your needs with our flexible working policy. Please enquire in your interview.
What we'll give you
You can expect a career that's full of opportunity and support to help you develop. We offer a competitive total reward package, which means you share in the success you help create.
- A market leading defined contribution pension scheme.
- An additional 4% of your annual salary in a Flexible benefits package that you can select and pay for conveniently via a salary deduction or take as cash.
- 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays.
- An incentive scheme, based on the company's performance and your contribution to it.
Schroders Personal Wealth combines over 400 years of expertise from Lloyds Banking Group and Schroders plc, two leading British companies partnering to bring financial planning services to more people in the UK.
Our focus is on the personal relationship we develop with our customers, underpinned by leading edge technology, multi-channel customer reach and global investment expertise.
We aim to become a top UK financial planning business within five years. Would you like to be part of making this possible?
Does this sound like a role that you'd like to know more about? If like us, you're more motivated by customers than by targets, and you'd thrive in a culture that is values and client led - then we'd love to hear from you.