Our client, a well established commercial business, is currently looking to recruit an experienced, diligent and results focused Senior Credit Controller to complement their expanding work force.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, duties will include:
- Set up new customer accounts in Sage, ensuring that Credit Application Forms are correctly completed, trade references are taken up and a credit reference is obtained prior to credit being given.
- Dealing with Departmental Managers and Sales Team in relation to invoice queries, ensuring that the matter is dealt with promptly and a satisfactory outcome is achieved and relayed to the customer.
- Chase all outstanding purchase order numbers from customers to ensure no delay in payment terms.
- Maintaining effective communications with the Finance team regarding customer credit facilities and query resolution
- Logging communication chain with clients and queries for team review to ensure resolution
- Ensuring overall debt exposure is kept to a bare minimum
- Streamlining and evolve collection processes
- Identify, flag, and explain root causes of problems and make recommendations for system/process improvement
- Review Ageing Debt and provide explanations on all overdue amounts to the Financial Controller.
- Preparation of the monthly credit control update paper for review by the Commercial Finance Manager and inclusion in the monthly Board Pack.
Ideally you will have previous experience within a credit control/ accounts role, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, be able to actively demonstrate a polite and patient telephone manner with the ability to work towards targets and deadlines. A working knowledge of Sage and Microsoft Office would be desirable.
In return, you will be offered an extremely competitive salary with annual review alongside professional training and long-term career development opportunities.