The Education Specialists (TES) are recruiting on behalf of an 'Outstanding' school based in the Stockport area. We are seeking an experienced SEN Learning Support Assistant to work with pupils aged 11-16 within a SEND unit in a mainstream secondary school.
Note:This school have a high success rate of offering permanent contracts to staff who engage well with pupils and staff within their department.
The school are seeking a candidate to be part of a forward thinking, innovative team. You will be required to work both on a 1:1 and small group basis supporting the pupils in all aspects of school life. Experience and knowledge of working alongside students with learning difficulties, and autistic spectrum conditions is essential. The candidate must have experience managing behaviour.
The school has high expectations of both its staff and pupils and manages pupils' behaviour with exceptional skill and great sensitivity. This leads to a happy productive working environment for all. The school are seeking an individual who can embrace this way of working.
This role will include various tasks such as:
- Supporting individuals to complete set tasks within the classroom.
- Promoting independence within the school environment.
- Leading activities 1:1 and groups, under direction of the teacher.
- Supporting pupils to achieve their individual education targets
- Working in partnership with teachers and other LSA's to provide a stable, positive environment for learning.
Applicant details and how to apply:
- Candidates will be required to hold an enhanced DBS certificate registered with the update service.
- Application is by CV by clicking apply now.
- Salary, £65 - £70 per day.
Individuals working for TES benefit from:
- Excellent rates of pay.
- Pension scheme.
- On-going support and guidance throughout your education career.
- A flexible approach to work.
- Permanent and temporary opportunities.
- A trained team of education consultants.
The Education Specialists are proud holders of the APSCO audited accreditation which means our recruitment practices are of the highest standard.