Graduate Opportunity - School Cover Supervisors - Leeds/Bradford
Are you a graduate thinking of becoming a teacher and need experience in Secondary schools, or perhaps you have recently left University and are just wondering what to do next?
Cover Supervisor roles offer the ideal way to get a realistic idea of life in a school environment. Teacher training courses often require classroom experience in order to apply and working as a Cover Supervisor for Reed Education is a fantastic way to get that experience whilst being paid.
The Cover Supervisor Setting:
- Typically offered on a day-by-day basis, this is an incredibly flexible role offering as much or as little as you need.
- We work with schools across Yorkshire - meaning that no matter where you are based we can reach out to schools in your area.
- Many of our schools will call for supply every day in busy times, meaning that there is plenty of work on offer.
- Secondary schools will often require a Cover Supervisor for short term cover, and throughout the day you would typically spend 1 lesson with each group of students.
- The role of a cover supervisor is not to teach, but to supervise students in the classroom when their permanent teacher is not there.
- You will be involved in keeping the class on task, offering help to students and working with the school's advice on behaviour management to make sure that lessons run smoothly.
Cover Supervisor Training and Support:
- We offer Cover Supervisor, Safeguarding training and Classroom Management training to help you to feel confident in your new role.
- You will receive certificates for your training, which is recognised and supported by local schools
- Every school will give you clear guidance and support to help you to succeed in your role, and we will always work to send you back to your preferred schools as often as we can so that you can really get to know them.
- Moving forwards, Reed Education work in partnership with a number of Universities and SCITTs to support the recruitment of trainee teachers, and will be more than happy to assist with your application if you choose to undertake teacher training in the future.
Successful Cover Supervisors have charisma, energy, classroom presence and bring a sense of humour to the role!
If you would like to explore the opportunities available please get in touch with Stephen Kern at Reed Education on .