P+S Personnel are pleased to be working on behalf of our clients, who are currently seeking a Mechanical Fitter to join their team based in Suffolk, on a full-time, permanent basis.
Purpose of Role
To assemble mechanical sub-assemblies for a range of machinery for supply to the final build function within required time scales.
- Build sub-assemblies as required by supplied drawings.
- Check and verify accuracy of assemblies on completion.
- Daily and accurate completion of records including time sheets and inspection status documentation.
- Report any manufacturing and assembly errors to team leader so corrective action can be agreed.
- To adhere to all required quality and H&S standards.
- On an ad hoc basis you may be asked to visit other company/customer sites to assist with final build(s).
- On an ad hoc basis, as required to undertake milling, drilling, turning and fabrication activities.
- To work with other departments to set priorities regarding assembly build to ensure all builds are complete within required time frames.
- To undertake other duties as may be required.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good oral communication skills.
- Team player.
- Flexible attitude.
- Willingness to learn and develop.
- Ability to read engineering drawings and parts lists.
- Successful completion of apprenticeship in a mechanical discipline.
- Knowledge of working with a wide variety of materials.
- Good working knowledge of assembly protocols.
- Monday Friday (37 hours per week)
If this is a role you are interested in, please apply online ensuring your CV is up to date.