Legal Support Assistant
Your new company To assist in the Department as required from time to time by the supervisor/Head of Department in any transactions and perform tasks as directed.To work under close supervision on various aspects of a file.Preparation of files and attending to clients.Payment of invoices and other payments e.g. to clients or contacts as and when required.Liaising with clients and contacts as required; a good phone manner and approachable is vital.File adminCorrespondence with clients and contacts.Drafting documents including Court forms, Witness Statements and Instructions and Briefs to Counsel. What you'll need to succeed
Hays are working with a Legal Support Assistant in Telford who are looking to appoint a Legal Support Assistant on a permanent basis. In this role you will assist with meeting clients' needs; strengthening and improving relations with existing clients and other professionals; enhance fee income by adding value to existing client relationships and by developing profitable relationships with new clients.
Your new role
As a Legal Support Assistant your role will involve:
- GCSEs or equivalent to 4 or above in English and Maths Positive attitude towards learning and development
- Experience and competence in obtaining accurate messages from clients over the phone.
- Use of electronic case management systems.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritise between urgent tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, adapts style and is able to confidentially communicate by telephone, email and in person with a wide range of people.
- High level of numeracy.
- The ability to follow instructions and make appropriate decisions.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong collaborative internal and external working relationships.
- The ability to be proactive, to use initiative, work autonomously and be self-motivated.
- Ability to handle pressure and work to deadlines.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you, but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion about your career.