Interim Group Financial Controller
Salary: £100 - 130k depending on experience
Duration: 12 month maternity cover
Location: Central London with flexible WFH policy
Consumer Additions have partnered with a £200m+ turnover premium fashion retailer that has a strong ecommerce offering and is experiencing exciting level of growth.
This is a 12 month maternity cover assignment. The incumbent is due in May so they would ideally like someone to start in February, March at the latest.
You will take responsibility for leading on all aspects of financial accounting, monthly, and annual management reporting and the preparation and production of statutory accounts.
- You will provide leadership and direction across General Ledger Accounting, Monthly Management Reporting, Annual Statutory Audit and Account Preparation and Finance Operations (Accounts payable, Accounts receivable and Cash Management)
- Drive process improvements throughout the finance team focusing on process automation
- Ensure robust financial control processes in place in Finance Operations and across the business
- Ensure Operational teams deliver on KPIs
- Ensure compliance with bank monthly reporting requirements and manage bank audits
- Drive the month end reporting timetable and production of monthly management accounts including the Group consolidated Income statement, Balance Sheet, Cashflow statement
- Produce timely and accurate reporting that supports business leaders in understanding actual performance and commercial decision making
- Ensure effective balance sheet reconciliation process operating throughout the year, identify and resolve accounting issues to ensure a smooth year end audit process
- Manage the year end audit process ensuring audit plan agreed and communicated, audit deliverables are on time and liaise with audit team throughout the audit process to achieve the audit timelines
- Timely production of statutory accounts for all Group entities
- Qualified with extensive post-qualification financial accounting experience in multi-entity, multi-currency environment
- Experience implementing process improvement and delivering KPIs within operational Finance experience re. Accounts Payable, Account Receivable and Cash management
- Strong technical understanding of IFRS accounting standards
- Team leadership experience - A track record in leading and developing a large team in delivering objectives
- Proven ability to manage the development of accounting systems whilst maintaining financial controls and compliance
- A Retail industry background is desirable
- Ability to balance the production of reporting and insight with the need for strong processes and compliance
- Team player with excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills with both internal and external stakeholders
In applying for this vacancy, you accept that your data will be processed by Consumer Additions. We take great care looking after your personal data and more information about this can be found here .com/privacy-policy/. In the meantime, make sure you are following us on LinkedIn.