Finance Manager | £30,000 - £40,000 | Worksop
This is an exciting opportunity for a confident, ambitious Finance professional to join a rapid growth SME at an exciting juncture of expansion. This business is flying ahead, having doubled their turnover over the last 2 years, along with moving into new, modern premises - it is an incredible time to join the team!
As part of the Senior Management team, you will be pivotal in developing and moulding the Finance Function, working closely with the Directors to provide insightful management information to bring the numbers to life.
You will enjoy getting out into the facility and getting under the skin of the business to understand the underlying drivers to success, identifying trends, analysing sales activity, and developing commercial reporting to highlight areas of risk and opportunity. You will be a financial sounding board to the directors to help aid key business decisions.
Your remit will include:
- Responsibility for all overseeing all elements of the day-to-day transactional finance
- Preparing and analysing monthly management accounts - P&L versus prior years, forecast and plan - providing concise snapshot commentary for directors
- Supporting the year end requirements (alongside the external accountants)
- VAT returns
- Managing a small team - Purchase Ledger Clerk / Finance Assistant
- Overseeing income, cash flow and expenditure
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Regular review of debtors and credit control requirements
- Preparation of basic year-end accounts files for the external accountants
- Monthly journals for payroll, accruals, and prepayments
- Supplier payments, bank reconciliation and associated postings etc.
- Maintaining Fixed Asset Register
- Responding to customer and supplier requests for information
You will need:
- A track record of success as number 1 in finance, or Management Accountant within a fast-paced SME setting
- To be comfortable with the bookkeeping requirements of a smaller owner-led business.
- To be a finalist or qualified with relevant qualification (ACCA/ACA/CIMA)
- Ambition to progress and grow within the business
- Strong core accounting skills
- Confidence to work autonomously
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Enthusiasm to make a difference
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Excel and Sage knowledge highly desirable
If you are a driven, confident finance professional looking for a new challenge, please click 'apply now' or contact our team direct.