A Sunday Times Top 100 and London Top 50 Fast Track Technology business is looking for a Finance Controller to join it's growing business in this newly created role. Having undertaken extensive top-line growth over the last two years and with offices now in London, New York and Singapore the VP of Finance is looking to build strength and depth to the Finance Team.
The business is seeking a qualified accountant to join our team as a Finance Controller, with a view of this role evolving as the business grows. The Finance Controller will have overall responsibility for the production of the management accounts and continuous improvement of processes and efficiencies through the month as well as leading a team.
Taking on the management of the day to day function, including AR and AP team members, this role would suit someone who has recently qualified, has some management accounting experience and is looking for their first management role or a new challenge in a fast paced team where there is plenty of opportunities to evoke change and add direct value. We're looking for someone with some technical experience, preferably within audit as areas of our accounts are complex and there is a need to ensure we are adhering to relevant accounting standards, particularly around revenue and share based payments.
- Production of the monthly management accounts including a team of AP/AR/CC clerks to include the pro-active examination of any discrepancies
- Revenue reconciled to Monthly Recurring Revenue (MRR) Tracker
- Risks and opportunities vs budget highlighted
- P&L analysis - detailed insights from variances to prior month, budget or forecast communicated to VP of Finance
- Review of month end results and ensuring all closing checks have been completed and ready for reporting
- Assisting commercial finance with metrics such as KPIs and cost analysis
- During the month revisiting balance sheet codes/revenue issues that were de-prioritized at month end
- Implementing suggested controls and efficiencies identified by VP Finance at month end
- Assisting with ad hoc historical financial reporting where required such as regional audits.
- Providing additional ad hoc analysis as and when required by the business and/or its investors
- Working with other departments periodically (EG new pricing models and their impact on GL structure)
- Management of billing and purchase ledger function
- Oversight and approval of payroll for all four regions.
- Assisting with audit procedures and workload as part of year end
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA or equivalent)
- Experience within an audit environment advantageous
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Team management experience
- Strong understanding of systems including Excel.
- Experience with Xero advantageous but not essential
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve challenging goals
- Thrives in a start-up environment; willingness to dive in the deep end, ask questions and be a team player
- Natural problem solver, self-driven and objective based
- Positive, proactive, "can-do" attitude and an incredible work