Who we are looking for
The Managing Director of Financing Solutions Sales & Client Management position brings together two senior but distinct client facing roles. Requirements include advanced skills in areas such as:
Why this role is important to us
- Comprehensive knowledge of the short-term investment and financing markets
- Creative, outcome-driven influencer with the ability to lead a team of sales and client management professionals across the EMEA region, driving client acquisition across segments and countries in line with business strategy and financial objectives
- Experience managing a team of sales and client management professionals with prescriptive service level satisfaction standards and revenue targets for assigned products. Moreover, ensuring team collectively screens and can articulate holistic client solutions across the full menu of applicable capital markets products.
- Ability to continuously educate assigned team on product differentiators, product development efforts and relevant industry trends, leading to engaging and informative interactions with prospects
- History of successfully collaborating with client-facing teams enterprise-wide, displaying an ability to educate on offerings and establish customized cross-product solutions
- Active presence at industry conferences and State Street led symposiums with a focus on promoting thought leadership to prospective and existing clients
- Experience developing and executing on a strategic marketing plan
- Imperative that candidate can articulate and differentiate State Street's value proposition amidst a fiercely competitive industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world. Join us if making your mark in the capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Financing Solutions Sales & Client Management, Managing Director, you will:
What we value
- Drive sales growth across EMEA from both existing and prospective clients across the holistic Financing Solutions product suite, inclusive of Agency Lending, Prime Services (principal securities lending) and Repo solutions
- Be responsible for clearly defined financial and productivity objectives
- Deliver highly valued solutions to clients, ensuring comprehensive and consistent delivery of services as their needs evolve
- Ensure client expectations are met and within parameters established by the clients.
- Ensure State Street delivers a world class product offering as measured by market share capture rate, client satisfaction scores and various industry rankings
- Be an active participant within a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and diversity of thought and workforce.
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Proven track record of developing and leading a highly motivated and successful client facing organization
- Outcome driven influencer:
- Strong strategic planning and presentation skills
- Highly organized and experience shaping and differentiating brand and product offering on a global scale
- Extensive management and leadership experience within financial services, particularly client facing experience within Securities Lending/Prime Brokerage/Repo.
- Considerable experience managing and developing a diverse team of highly developed sales professionals, as well as entry level staff.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, leader, with demonstrated ability to drive revenue growth, client satisfaction and employee engagement scores.
- Strong sense of client ownership and responsibility
- Exemplary communication skills are essential - excellent speaking and writing skill
- Ability to build trust and relationships with clients, peers, staff and support partners essential
- Proven ability to attract and retain a highly skilled and diversity workforce is a key differentiator
- Ability to problem solve while staying calm amidst ever changing and volatile market and credit conditions
- MBA, CFA or in progress towards is preferred
Are you the right candidate? Yes!
- Travel up to 50% may be required.
We truly believe in the power that comes from the diverse backgrounds and experiences our employees bring with them. Although each vacancy details what we are looking for, we don't necessarily need you to fulfil all of them when applying. If you like change and innovation, seek to see the bigger picture, make data driven decisions and are a good team player, you could be a great fit. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation, we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary by location, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans, among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Programs to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift programs and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.