If you are an experienced Bookkeeper and looking for a role in an Accountancy practice that offers the opportunity to manage your own portfolio of clients, then this could offer you the opportunity you are looking for. The practice is based in Orpington and is easily reached by an excellent public transport links.
Salary : £ 25K-£35K
Working Hours : Monday to Friday 9-5pm
- Recording all financial transactions into accounting software systems.
- Preparing accounts up to trial balance, including reconciliation of all key balance sheet nominals including bank reconciliations, VAT, PAYE etc. Preparing Profit and loss and Balance sheet reports.
- Preparing VAT returns
- Preparing Management Accounts
- Assisting clients where necessary and occasional travel to clients' offices in the future.
- Assisting with ad hoc admin duties when needed.
Skills /Experience of the Practice Bookkeeper will include :
- Experience in Sage Accounts, Xero and Quickbooks
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Hardworking, shows initiative and must be self-motivated
- Organised approach
- Detail-orientated, accurate and diligent
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Works well under pressure and tight timelines
The successful Practice Bookkeeper will ideally be a Part Qualified Accountant with previous experience working in a practice.