Do you want to be a Buyer? Are you in an Assistant Buying position now and would like to progress into a fully-fledged buyer but you don't have the opportunity where you are now?We are looking to recruit an Assistant Buyer to work for a very successful company based in Halesowen.The main objective of the role will be to providing the main interface between the client and the Supply Base, developing, and building strong inter-working relationships and process improvements.The main duties will be :
- Establish professional rapport with the Supply Base as well as Internal and External customers.
- Be responsible for day-to-day management of all supplier accounts assigned to you, negotiate best pricing.
- Operate an efficient process for the administration and sourcing of customer ad-hoc requirements at the best commercial terms.
- To obtain and update delivery promise information to provide accurate delivery data to the customer at all times
- Contribute towards both team and individual operational objectives and resultant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- To create and distribute Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across your allocated supply base.
- Introduce cost saving or process improvement solutions that show demonstrable benefits to established KPI's such as cost, quality and delivery adherence.
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Has a high level of computer literacy with the following packages, Word, excel, and outlook.
- Can demonstrate negotiation skills
- Having a CIPS Qualification (Partial or Complete) is advantageous but not essential
- Has demonstrable negotiation skills
- Can evaluate commercial proposals and make recommendations
- Can handle confidential information with utmost discretion
- Always presents a professional image
In return the company will provide full product support training, the opportunity to progress into a more senior buying position, and with a view to being sponsored by the company after 12 months of employment.