Taylor Hawkes are seeking a ambitious individual to join our team and provide a wide range of audit, accounting and advisory services to our clients. The role
To become part of the team providing a wide range of audit, accounting and advisory services to our clients. We are able to offer varied and interesting work involving client contact with the people who make the decisions. An Accounts Assistant Manager in the Edinburgh office will have responsibility for managing a wide portfolio of clients that operate in a range of sectors, reporting directly to the Partners and Senior Managers. The position would involve accounts preparation work, as well as one-off assignments and special work, as required. Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the accounts preparation process
- Managing and monitoring progress of work and budgets
- Ensuring all work is delivered on time and to a high standard
- Supervising and coaching qualified staff and trainees
- Liaison with tax team
- Opportunities to work on special assignments and projects
We provide regular technical training and soft skills development to help support your development and progression. You
The ideal candidate should be hard working, show initiative and be self-motivated, with the ability to organise and manage their own workload. They should also demonstrate the ability to cope with some repetitive tasks. They should display a flexible, professional approach and have the confidence and ability to communicate effectively with partners and clients. They will be a natural team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude and an excellent eye for detail. Education and experience
Applicants will be either ICAS/ACCA/ACA or equivalent qualified, with good pass rates. Professional training experience should have been broad based with exposure to a good range of clients both in size and sector in general practice. Ability to use Excel and Word is essential and knowledge of Xero, Sage, as well as Viztopia CCH Accounts Production and CCH Audit Automation advantageous. Salary/benefits
- We are able to offer a dynamic and varied workload
- Competitive salary depending upon experience
- Salary review annually in October
- Six-month probationary period
- Eligibility for assistant managers/managers' bonus scheme
- Group Personal Pension Scheme: under the requirements of pension auto-enrolment you will be automatically enrolled into the Group Personal Pension scheme (4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution).
- Eligibility for the firm's private medical insurance scheme upon completion of probationary period
- 25 days annual leave. In addition, under the flexible benefits programme, employees are entitled to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday a year, subject to partner approval.
- Life assurance cover of three times salary.
- Eligibility for the firm's Profit Sharing Plan that runs from October to September each year. The scheme enables staff to share in the profits of the firm.
- Interest free season ticket loan on completion of probationary period.
- Access to a number of other benefits with preferential rates under the flexible benefits programme, which include; health screening/GP support, critical illness cover, cycle to work scheme and private medical insurance.